I have just finished packing. As I sit here waiting for new songs to be added to my iPod, I'm thinking about tomorrow. My nerves are going crazy! My fears are putting so many bad situations into my head. My fear is telling me not to go, but I can't do that. I have to go! I can't let fear stop me from doing this. If I let fear win this time, it will keep wining. I do not want to live my life in fear because that's when the 'what ifs' start. I don't want to live thinking about 'what if I had gone' 'what if I didn't let fear win'. I want to face my fears head on an do some amazing things. And that is just what I am going to do. I am going to go do some amazing things. How could I ever miss out on something amazing?
I keep thinking about how my life will be forever change because I know it will be. I can't even begin to imagine what it will be like in Ethiopia. It is going to be completely different from what I am used to. I'm thinking about the culture shock I am sure I will experience. How will I react to a totally different culture? I don't know, but I can't wait to find out. I'm so excited about this opportunity. Right now the excitement is starting to override the nerves and fear. Ask me if this is still true while I am sitting on a plane tomorrow morning waiting for take off and I think you'll get a different answer.
I must go try to get some sleep. I have to be up in about 6 hours or so. I have some last minute things I have to do then hopefully I'll get a few hours of sleep before I have to get up and run around making sure everything is ready. Please pray for my flights, my team, and the work we will be doing in Africa.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment