The Love Ethiopia bracelets and Love Africa magnets are now officially on sale! Both can be purchased by making a donation to my mission trip to Ethiopia. The Love Ethiopia bracelets are $5 each. These bracelets are the rubber/silicone type bracelets just like the Livestrong ones that many people wear. I have designed them myself. They are dark green and say Love Ethiopia on them. This design came about because when I think of Ethiopia I think of green...dark green to be exact. I don't know why. In my mind I just sometimes associate colors with different things and green is what I associate with Ethiopia. It is just the color that has always come to mind when thinking about Ethiopia. And Love Ethiopia is what I feel for the country, it's people, it's beauty. There is so much love in me for Ethiopia. I have said since my first trip to Ethiopia that my heart must be shaped like Ethiopia because there is no place on earth that I would rather be. And Love Ethiopia also represents Love, Ethiopia. When you are there you can just feel love from the country in return. You are so welcomed by the people, by the children. When someone wants to serve you coffee (Ethiopia is the birthplace of coffee) there is a whole ceremony that encompasses this that it really is an honor. It is very time consuming that you feel the love from the people even more.
I wish I had a picture to post of the bracelets, but I wasn't allowed to copy the image from the website. But from the preview I saw they look great! They have completed the order early and shipped them yesterday!! They weren't supposed to be shipped until the second week of March. I'm so excited! Once they arrive, I will post a picture for you all to see.
The Love Africa magnets are $6 each. I only have 10 of these and will not be ordering more. These are on a first come first serve basis. If you want one, make sure you order one quickly! Once they are gone they will be gone! You can see what they look like here.
To purchase these items you can make a donation just has you would any donation to my trip. On the right side of my blog you will see the I Need Africa button. That will take you to the online donation form. Make sure you put my name (Sarah Connelly) in the team member's box. Once you fill out the form and click donate you will receive a tax deductible receipt. You can also donate by check and those instructions are given right below the online donation button.
And now the information you all have been waiting for. The winner of the $50 Target gift card! I took the names of all the entries and gave them numbers in order of their donation date. I then went to one of those number generating websites and it randomly picked a number for the winner. I thought this was the fairest way to choose a winner. And the number generator chose number:

And number 2 belongs to: Barb Schellhardt!!
Congrats, Barb!! Send me a Facebook message with your address and I'll mail the gift card out this week.
Thank you to everyone who donated to the gift card giveaway! I appreciate all the donations. Now you can buy the bracelets and magnets. Once I receive them in the mail and verify all donations by the financial updates from the company I will begin shipping them. Thanks! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment