Sunday, February 8, 2009

July 16, 2008

I did not sleep well alst night. I think I slept about 5 hours. Elizabeth and I left the hotel at 6:15am for the airport. We both knew what was coming, but I tried not to think about it. After checking in and gettting through security, we grabbed some breakfast. That's when I started to loose it. It just all hit me that we are all leaving each other. I know we will all see each other agian, but it's just hard to elave everyone.

I'm not not ready to go back to my life yet. I'm preparing for reverse culture shock because I know it's coming. I can feel it already. American life is just not what I want to live. I really want to be back in Ethiopia. I just love it there so much. Life was amazing when I was there. I was the person I've always known I was. I came out of this shell I've been living in for far too long and I loved it. I would have stayed if I could. My soul yearns to be in Ethiopia. I need to be there. I need Africa more than Africa needs me. I can't say it any better. That is all there is to say:

I need Africa more than Africa needs me!

No comments: